Environmental Policy Statement
We believe that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving out environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all. It is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
Our policy is to:
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Make efficient use of natural resources by conserving energy and water, minimising waste and recycling where possible.
- Meet its duty of care requirements in relation to waste by ensuring the safe keeping, transportation and subsequent recovery or disposal of waste
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non renewable.
- Use recycled or low energy construction materials whenever these can be commercially justified.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts for our operations on the environment and local community.
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
- Ensure all employees understand our environmental policy and confirm to the high standards it required.
- Carefully vetting our suppliers to ensure their commitment and standards are equal to ours
- Ensuring activities are carried out with minimal impact on local communities and not creating a nuisance to our neighbours
- Address Complaints about any breach of our environmental policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned.
- Update, our environmental policy annually in consultation with staff, associates and customers.