Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate Social Responsibility
We recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities are integral to our business. We aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
We take seriously all feedback that we receive and, where possible, maintain open dialogue to ensure that we fulfill the requirements outlined within this policy.
We shall be open and honest in communicating our strategies, targets, performance and governance in our continual commitment to sustainable development.
The Managing Director is responsible for the implementation of this policy and will make the necessary resources available to realise our corporate responsibilities. The responsibility for our performance to this policy rests with all employees throughout the company.
Our Partnership Focus
- We shall strive to improve our environmental performance through implementation of our Environmental policy.
- We shall ensure a high level of business performance while minimising and effectively managing risk.
- We shall encourage dialogue with local communities for mutual benefit.
- We will register and resolve customer complaints in accordance with our standards of service.
- We shall support and encourage our employees to help local community organisations and activities in our region.
- We shall operate an equal opportunities policy for all present and potential future employees.
- We will offer our employees clear and fairs terms of employment and provide resources to enable their continual development.
- We shall maintain a clear and fair employee remuneration policy and shall maintain forums for employee consultation and business involvement.
- We shall provide safeguards to ensure that all employees are treated with respect and without sexual, physical or mental harassment.
- We shall provide, and strive to maintain, a clean, healthy and safe working environment.
- We shall uphold the values of honesty, partnership and fairness in all areas of our business.
- Our contracts will clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis of our relationship.
- We will operate in a way that safeguards against unfair business practices.
- We shall encourage suppliers and contractors to adopt responsible business policies and practices for mutual benefit.
Equal Opportunity and Diversity Statement
We strive to be an employer that embraces equal opportunity and diversity.
We seek to eliminate unlawful discrimination and promote equal opportunities by satisfying the objectives and intentions of all relevant legislation and codes of practice pertaining to equal opportunities in employment.
The policy commitment of the Company is to:
- Review selection criteria and arrangements frequently
- Ensure individuals are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.
- Ensure employees are given equality of opportunity and encouraged to progress within the Company by recognising and valuing employee’s different backgrounds, knowledge and experience to develop an effective workforce which meets our customer’s needs.
- Monitor the effective implementation of our aim on a regular basis.
The intent is supported by our documented Business Management System.
The policy and associated documentation is made known to all employees and will be reviewed on a regular basis.